WOMEN EMPOWERMENT DESK
The Black Management Forum has rebranded the BMF Gender Desk to the BMF Women Empowerment Desk (BMF WED). This name change expresses the organisation's deliberate and unambiguous endeavour to giving it's female membership a desk which seeks to build a community of informed & empowered women leaders and to make a meaningful difference in transforming corporate South Africa.
Responsibilities of the Women Empowerment Desk include:
- To institutionalise the gender focus within the BMF by creating a gender sensitive culture within which female members find an equally conducive environment for their leadership development and networking;
- To support women, BMF members in particular, in their own leadership development in terms of concrete leadership training, mentoring and support;
- Provide a dedicated support structure for women leaders at the governance level within the BMF structures to ensure they conduct their duties in an effective manner;
- Create a dialogue for pressing matters pertaining to gender mainstreaming;
- The celebration of women’s achievements within the corporate and leadership environment with added support for BMF women members in
leadership and executive positions within and outside the BMF;
- Knowledge sharing through regular communication (news, statistics, information, articles, etc.) in internal newsletters, African Leader magazine and interaction through special women’s forums where BMF women can share best practice.